MLC Assistant Job Description
September 2019- June 2020
Pay: $12.50/hour, 8-10 hours/week
Job Overview: The Multifaith Living Community Assistant is primarily responsible for providing support to the Community Coordinator in basic administrative, housekeeping, and program related duties. The MLC Assistant also promotes the values and mission of the MLC to prospective residents and upholds those values to current residents as a living example. Tasks may include, but are not limited to: social media and advertising production, basic house cleaning and maintenance, program support, and liaising between residents, staff and the UC Davis campus.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Housekeeping: maintain organization, safety, and cleanliness of the Main House.
- Perform nightly “closing” procedures including turning off all lights in the Main House, locking front and back doors, closing windows and blinds, etc.
- Periodically clean and maintain all common areas including kitchen, pantry, living room, and Great Hall
- Receive and sort mail and packages on the weekends
- Handle resident lockouts and minor emergencies outside of normal business hours
- Program Support: provide assistance to residents and staff in all CA House programs.
- Open Table: assist houses with cooking, prepare sink compartments and waste bins for dish washing, oversee checklist of kitchen cleaning procedures, wash and fold all linens, put away all clean dishes and kitchenware
- Christian Fellowship: ensure kitchen is clean and sinks are clear before and after program, ensure living room and the Great Hall (as needed) are clean and presentable for use
- Assist Community Coordinator and Campus Minister in prep work before, and miscellaneous tasks during all CA House retreats
- Promotion and advertising: promote the values and mission of CA House and the MLC.
- Brainstorm with Community Coordinator and create weekly/monthly posts for Instagram and Facebook
- Reserve tables for and assist with tabling on campus, and post flyers and posters during leasing
- Promote the MLC to prospective residents
- Live out the values of the MLC as an example to current and prospective residents
- Liaison: Act as a bridge between residents, staff and the UC Davis campus
- Liaise with the Community Coordinator and/or Campus Minister regarding basic resident questions and emergencies
- Act as the president of CA House as an RSO on campus
- Meet with Community Coordinator once a week for 30 minute “one-on-one” meetings
- Attend all Community Advisor meetings (bi-weekly) and take part in CA-led programming
- Other miscellaneous tasks as assigned by community coordinator and other staff, or self-guided